30 June, 2008

Socks and things




I finished the JT2/Genie Jeanie socks this morning. I am very pleased with the way the pattern turn out and I am thinking about selling the pattern. Not sure yet, need some thinking about before I jump in. Probably needs a test knit to make sure it is understandable.










Ned found the socks a warmer place to sit than a paver on a cold, wet and windy day.




Knitting group meeting tonight. A number of us meet at a hotel on Monday evenings between 6:00 and 8:30 pm and knit and crochet together. We are part of Adelaide's Ktog group and have been meeting for about 18 months.

I resumed Alison's blanket with sleeves tonight at the group. The pattern, minus the sleeves she wants me to add, was published in a Interweave Knits magazine and was called Saffron Cables. The blanket I'm knitting is a pinky red with a purple/blue border and not saffron yellow. I bought loads of the wool at a deceased estate sale and it will probably cost me about $16 instead of about $150-200 retail. It's slow knitting because it has a lot of cabling.

No comments: