19 August, 2008

No holiday

Well, I never left yesterday for my holiday with my aunt. I've put it off for three weeks. I woke about 4 am feeling dizzy and a bit "oomy".

Felt a bit worse by 7:30 am. Younger son came from work and took me to doc. I have a mild case of viral meningitis! Would you believe it? It's mainly a childhood complaint - just confirms I'm in my second childhood:-) Still, it could have been worse if I had taken ill today - 400 kms from home with a 94 year old aunt with me! I do hope she doesn't get it as I took her back to my place on Sunday afternoon and she stayed overnight so we could get a good start in the morning -haha. Her son came and took her back home. Of course, even worse, it could have been baterial meningitis and I would had to go straight to hospital and on to anti-biotics immediately. Boy, am I glad I didn't have that.

The sister I was supposed to be visiting arranged with my brother (who just arrived back yesterday from a 4 month UK trip) to give me an electric blanket and he brought it over this afternoon. Didn't come inside incase the v.m. is still catchy. I have thought occasionally about getting an elec. blanket, but I usually warm up after a bit when I go to bed, especially if I wear my handknitted woolly socks. So I've been spoilt. I've just put it on my bed. Will see how it goes tonight.

1 comment:

Jody said...

I just read about your illness and delay of your vacation and I wanted to wish you well. I hope you're feeling better soon. Last year, one week before hubby and I were to take a weeklong cruise to Bermuda to celebrate our 30th anniversary, I awakened with a really bad case of vertigo. I had also put my back out so I couldn't sit on a chair while I waited for the doctor. I was laying on the waiting room floor so the room wouldn't swim around me. Sure, I can laugh about it now, but it wasn't so funny then. Anyway, God bless you and feel better soon.