26 July, 2008

GPS

I bought a GPS device yesterday. Unpacked it. Linked to my phone (Bluetooth). I presume it install updates. It took so long I left it and came back later.

Then I check the bit and pieces that came with it and, with my usual luck, the cable to enable it to be charge from the power point is missing. I don't use the car enough to keep the thing fully charged and I'm not sure if I left it attached to the cigarette lighter in the car whether I would end up with a flat battery.

It is telling me also that I'm passed the 30 days that I can get a free up-to-date map. What! I only bought it yesterday.

I am also unable to access the menu so I can "buy" an updated map. Boy. I am one unhappy chappy. Now I know why it was $58 dollar cheaper that the original price!!

Today I called back into the shop where I bought the wretched thing from and they are going to order the power cable for me on Monday. It has to come from Sydney (to Adelaide). I have a fortnight to return the device if I find I don't want it. At the moment, there's a good chance of that.

No comments: