12 February, 2009

Friendship blankets for Vic. fire victims

I knew I wouldn't write much on this blog when I started it, but I didn't think it would be months.

For anyone who stumbles upon this blog, I would like invite those who can and wish to, to join many of us in making 30cm/12" squares to be made into blankets for the Victorian bushfire victims. The picture is of my first square.

Full information about this is found in Ravelry



A blog has also been started to keep participants up-to-date with information about this project.

It has been asked that the squares be in 8 or 10 ply, machine washable wool preferably but synthetic will be accepted. As all the squares are not going to be exactly the same size, wool can be blocked to the size wanted. Knitted or crochet square would be great.

If quilters want to contributed, that's fine too. Just see the information in the above sites.

Now I have restarted, I will gradually post what work I have done over the last few months.

No comments: