16 February, 2009

Friendship Blankets

This evening at the knitting group I'm in I receive my first square from one of the members. I'll take a pic. tomorrow and post it here.

I, also, passed out the flyers and I believe some will go to a local community centre and another to a Guild group. Fingers crossed I will received some more squares in the next few weeks.

I'm about 2/3 through my third square. I may have to take some time off tomorrow to do some h*******k.

We had a little bit of excitement tonight at the hotel where we meet. One chap knock out another person with just one punch to the face. The puncher took off with a mob of men after him. He jumped in his car and took off, but a number of people took his car number. It was so easy to remember, a place name plus one number. I'll sure he will get a visit from the police.

The person on the receiving end of the punch was out to it for several minutes. He was taken away in an ambulance, but by this time he had come around. Police were at the hotel for quite awhile. Taking statements, I suppose, and viewing security tape.

Then, blow me down, when I went to the local supermarket, a woman had had a fall and the ambulance was called to her, too.

No comments: